February 21, 2014
Contact: Ken Robbins, General Manager
The Award was presented to Finance Director Robert Housley at the California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO) Annual Conference on February 21, 2014.
The budget for the Midway City Sanitary District (MCSD) is a $9,425,949 operating budget and a $2,550,000 capital outlay and improvements budget. The size of these budgets is indicative of the breadth, depth, and diversity of services, projects, and activities undertaken by the Midway City Sanitary District for public health and safety, quality of life, and infrastructure maintenance.
• District Formation:1939
• District Area: 10.25 square miles
• Miles of sewer in the District: 174
• Manholes in the District:3,899
• Residential units: 19,878
• Sewer connections: 34,435
• Solid Waste Average: 144 tons daily
• The District serves a population of over 99,856
• The District has a fleet of 11 trucks, 8 operated daily
• The District has 25 employees
• Total pieces of rolling stock:26
The Budget Awards Program is designed to recognize those agencies that have prepared a budget document or a communication tool that meets certain standards and criteria. The rating process includes two primary reviews and a third review to receive this prestigious award.
We encourage all to visit the District’s website (mcsandst.com) to view all MCSD operational information. Midway City Sanitary District is celebrating its 75th Anniversary of providing community service.
# # #
The Board of Directors and Employees of Midway City Sanitary District work diligently to provide sewer and solid waste services to the residents of the District.